Facts about the Refuge Situation and Refugees in Jordan:
- Jordan is not one of the countries that signed the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees in order to preserve the right of return for Palestinian refugees. However, the Jordanian constitution preserves the rights of refugees in the Kingdom.
- More than 3.788 million refugees from 53 nationalities live in Jordan.
- 35% of population in Jordan are from refugees, which represents almost a third of the kingdom’s population.
- Palestinian refugees form the highest percentage among refugees, then Syrians, Iraqis, Yemenis, Sudanese, and other nationalities, respectively.
- Most of refugees in Jordan live outside camps; most of them centralize in Amman.
- Jordan has 13 refugee camps: 10 for Palestinians, and 3 for Syrians.
- Jordan is country number 1 in the ratio of the number of refugees to the number of its population.
- Jordan is the fifth country in the world in terms of the absolute number of refugees.
- Jordan is the first country to give refugees Covid-19 vaccine.
- 40% of refugees inside refugee camps received Covid-19 vaccine.
- The first refugees to receive the vaccine are a man and his wife of Iraqi nationality.