Inspired by the impact of the GV program on local communities and home owners, we developed a parallel program called the Local Volunteer. This program targets local schools in Jordan and encourages students above the age of 16 years old, to participate in building and rehabilitating homes of low income families.
By being a Local Volunteer students are able to:
– Gain practical experience in teamwork
– Learn patience and precision, as volunteers need to be meticulous in their work
– Understand what it takes to build a house
– Learn empathy through first directly experiencing how low-income families and vulnerable communities live and allowing them to view the world from a different perspective
– Engage with people from different cultures and background
If you are a teacher or a student, skilled in communications, photography or IT, and would like to learn more about the Local Volunteer program, email us at: